The centrifugal spray dryer is widely used in liquid technology shaping applications and other industrial drying applications. The drying equipment is most suitable for producing powdered or granular solid products from liquid state materials, such as solutions, emulsions, suspensions and pastes. When size distribution, residual water content, stacking density and shape of the final product have certain standards, spray drying is the desired drying method.
Principle of work
The centrifugal spray dryer heats filtered air that is then pumped into the hot air distributor on the top of the dryer. The air then enters the drying room evenly as liquid materials are sent through the centrifugal atomizer on the top of the machine and are atomized into tiny droplets which are quickly heated and dried. The finished products are discharged from the bottom of the drying tower and from the cyclone separator. Waste air is exhausted by a suction fan.
1. Air filter
3. Air heater
8.First powder catcher (cyclone)
9.Second powder catcher (cyclone or bag filter)
11.Exhaust air filter (water film scrubber)
Compelete flow for reference
1. Fast drying speed. Liquid material after atomization will increase its surface area largely and can evaporated its moisture 95%~98% instantly. Drying time is usually 5 to 15 seconds. It is especially suitable for the drying of heat sensitive raw materials.
2. Dried products have even granules, good flow ability and solubility.
3. Suitable and stable operation, easy adjustment and control as well as automation.
4. Simplifies the production process with its superior and sanitary operation environment. Also, flying dust can be avoided during the drying process.
|Inlet temperature||≤ 350°C|
|Evaporating rate (kg/h)||5||25||50||100||150||200-3000|
|Dia. of atomizing tray(mm)||50||120||120||120||150||180-340|
|Heat source||Electricity||Electricity||Electricity+ steam, oil fuel, gas, or coal|
|Dry powder Yield||≥ 95|
|Installation Size For reference||A(mm)||1000||1290||1730||2500||2800||Decided according to actual condition|
Spray Drying Stages
1. Atomizing: feed liquid is dispersed into even fog droplets.
2. Droplets contact the hot air: hot air enters into the drying chamber, fully mixing with the droplets
3. Drying process: the increased surface area of the droplets allows for a quick absorption of the hot air and causes nearly instant evaporation of moisture, leaving only solid particles.
Foodstuffs: amino acid, vitamin, flavoring, protein, dried milk, soy powder, coffee, tea powder, glucose, potassium sorbate, pectin, vegetable juice, yeast, starch etc.
Ceramics: alumina, zirconia, magnesium oxide, titanium oxide, magnesium titanate, pottery clay, china clay, all kinds of magnetic porcelain and metal-oxides etc.
Chemical products: dispersed dyestuff, active dyestuff, organic catalyst, white carbon black, detergent powder, zinc sulfate, sodium metasillicate, potassium fluoride, calcium carbonate, tribasic potassium phosphate, inorganic catalyst and all kinds of waste liquid etc.